7 Remarkable Health Benefits of Kratom
What are Kratom Leaves?
As mentioned earlier, kratom is a tree that is native to South Asian countries including Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and Papua New Guinea. The leaves are used in these countries for their morphine-like effects. The leaves contain unique chemical compounds and nutrients that make them very effective, including a range of organic substances that have different effects on different organs in the body.
Kratom leaves are chewed across countries where they grow naturally. It’s estimated that around 70% of the male population of Thailand chews between 10 and 60 leaves per day to gain the benefits. It is commonly sold in a solid leaf form, or as an extract, powder, gum, or capsule. Kratom powder can be ingested orally or brewed into a tea.
One thing to keep in mind about Kratom is that it comes in a few different strains or colors. Different strains are said to be better for different benefits. As we look at the health benefits of using kratom, we’ll also look at which strain, if any, is best for that particular benefit. With that said, let’s dive into the health benefits of kratom leaves.
Kratom Uses and Health Benefits
1. Pain ReliefKratom leaves have potent analgesic properties and can provide fast pain relief to the whole body. It does this by interacting with the hormone system. Chewing kratom leaves causes an increase in the amount of dopamine and serotonin the body releases, which helps with pain relief. The alkaloids in the leaves effectively dull pain receptors in the body. The morphine/opium-like quality of kratom leaves are considered to be one of the most important applications of kratom. If buying kratom for pain relief, then kratom with red veins is ideal.
2. Boosted Immune SystemSeveral independent studies have looked into the alkaloids found in kratom leaves. These studies have shown that the combination of alkaloids in the leaves can drastically improve the strength and resilience of the immune system. Extracts from kratom leaves, which have been used traditionally as herbs, are natural sources of antioxidants that drive out free radicals. Green kratom is best for immune system support.
3. Energy BoosterKratom has metabolic effects that are another reason that the leaves have become so popular. It is widely used by laborers and those with physically demanding jobs. It optimizes different metabolic processes and impacts hormone levels in order to boost energy levels. This energy boost comes from increased blood circulation, which helps to send oxygenated blood to the areas of the body that need it most. This is combined with an increase in metabolic activity which generates extra energy. Green and white strains are best for increasing energy, and make for a good natural alternative treatment for problems such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
4. Sexual Stimulant
Kratom is considered by many – users and traditional medicine practitioners alike – as an aphrodisiac. It is also considered to have fertility boosting properties. This is because the improved blood flow and energy levels can revitalize libido, increase fertility, and improve the duration of sex and conception rates.
5. Reduced AnxietyKratom leaves are used as anxiolytic substances for people with chronic stress, anxiety, depression, and mood swings. Kratom works to regulate hormone levels in the body, which provides relief from the exhausting symptoms of chemical imbalances without the need to rely on pharmaceuticals and the implicit side effects of such drugs. White and green kratom is best for reduced anxiety and depression.
6. Addiction RecoveryGiven the inherent healthy nature of kratom leaves, as well as the range of effects they offer, they have been used in addiction recovery for hundreds of years. Opium is a huge problem in many cultures, particularly in Asia – where kratom grows. Chewing kratom leaves on a regular basis can offer a similar sensation to taking opium without all of the negative side effects or the associated comedown afterwards. Therefore, when people want to get clean from drugs and stay clean, they use kratom leaves as a tolerable alternative solution. As such, kratom leaves are highly valued across the world. Kratom leaves can also help recovering addicts deal with withdrawal symptoms. Red kratom is best for addiction recovery.
7. Managing Diabetes
Diabetes management is one of the lesser known benefits of using kratom leaves. There has been some research that shows the alkaloids present in kratom leaves help to regulate how much insulin and glucose is in blood, which effectively prevents dangerous peaks and spikes in blood sugar caused by diabetes. Not only does this help diabetics to control the problem, but it can also prevent diabetes from developing.
More and more people around the world are waking up to the awesome power of kratom. Different strains are good for different conditions but one thing is for sure; kratom leaves are good for whatever ails you and Krypto Kratom strives to bring the best of each kind to serve your needs.